Department Of Psychiatry
Department of Psychiatry
The department of Psychiatry, AIIMS, Rajkot, was established in November, 2021 with out-patient department-based services. Dr. Gayatri Bhatia, an alumnus of AIIMS, New Delhi, was appointed in-charge of the department. OPD services cater to patients of a wide variety of psychiatric illnesses including substance use disorders. Since May 31st, a separate Addiction Treatment Clinic is also operational, with the aim of providing dedicated services to those in need of help for substance use disorders.
- Psychiatry OPD: Monday to Saturday- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Addiction Treatment Clinic: Monday to Saturday- 10 a.m. to 12 noon
To provide state-of-the-art mental health care and promotion of mental wellbeing and emerge as a centre of excellence in the field of Psychiatry in terms of patient care, research and training.
The Department of Psychiatry aims to:
- Produce medical graduates who are well-equipped to effectively diagnose and manage psychiatric illnesses and comorbidities.
- Enhance awareness about mental health conditions and sensitization about mental wellbeing among staff, students and general population.
- Create and promote a stigma-free environment for patients of mental health conditions making evidence-based mental health care available, accessible and acceptable
|Photo||Name & Qualifications||Designation||Contact & Email|
Dr. Gayatri Bhatia