Department of Microbiology, AIIMS Rajkot
The Department of Microbiology was established at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rajkot in the year 2021. The department is constantly expanding since inception in the field of academics, diagnostics and patient care. A Clinical Microbiology Laboratory was started at permanent campus, AIIMS Rajkot on 31st December 2021 with commencement of OPD services. An infectious disease clinic was also started in January 2022 in OPD complex to provide advisory services on infectious disease diagnostics, choice of antimicrobials and consultation for patients suffering from various infectious diseases.
To achieve pre-eminence in the discipline of Clinical Microbiology by providing trusted unparalleled services in infectious disease diagnostics, interdisciplinary education and research.
- The activities of the department are directed towards imparting competency-based education and training to future health care professionals in Clinical Microbiology with a view to ensure a sound foundation and to instill knowledge and attitude necessary for life-long learning.
- The department is committed to establish a state-of-art Clinical Microbiology laboratory to providetimely,dependable andaccurate diagnostic test results to improve patient care.
- The department also strives to provide evidence-based clinical support in management and prevention of infectious diseases by guiding antimicrobial therapy, diagnostic stewardship and hospital infection control.
- Highest quality of laboratory services will be ensured by participating in Quality Assurance and Quality Control programmes, periodic evaluation and continual improvement so as to meet and exceed the stated or implied expectations of the patients availing these services.
- It also aims to thrive on advancement in the area of scientific research so that we march with the times.
The department intends to participate in External Quality Assurance (EQA) Programme being run under aegis of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists with aim to get NABL accreditation in near future.
- The Department of Microbiology plans to expand its clinical services by providing most of the modern diagnostic facilities which can rapidly identify the various causative organisms behind infections, to guide the clinicians with therapeutic options for better patient management.
- BSL-3 facility
- State of art Tuberculosis laboratory.
- Establish Viral Research and Diagnostic Laboratory
- HIV and Sexually Transmitted Disease Laboratory
The department anticipates to start the following courses over a period of time in following disciplines with aim of creating a clinical Microbiologist who will move from bench side to beside in management of infectious diseases:
- MD in Microbiology
- PDCC courses in Infectious Disease and Clinical Virology
- DM in Infectious Disease and Clinical Virology
The department is looking forward to start good clinical research intramural/extramural which benefits patient’s management within AIIMS Rajkot and in collaboration with other Institutes.
|Photo||Name & Qualifications||Designation||Contact & Email|
Dr. (Col) Ashwini Agarwal
|Dr. Mayuri Bhise||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Abhishek Padhi||Assistant Professoremail@example.com|